Recounting Elder Friedmann's Adventures in the Alpine German-Speaking Mission

Montag, 9. Juni 2014

Pascal´s News from 09.06.2014


Hey friends! :) 

First off, a shout out to our friends in Chur (Elders Bauerfeind and Acunomoreno) for their double-baptism this weekend! :) These events are so rare over here that I will acknowledge them every time when things like these happen in my zone.
  
So...today is my birthday. And it`s also P-Day and about 95 degrees with no wind and what feels like 90% humidity. Lovely! :) Summer is certainly here in Switzerland. It`s also the slowest season for Missionary work, unfortunately, but we`re stretching and keep up the numbers in Dielsdorf...at least until the whole branch leaves on vacation next month. At the same time. It`s gonna be the same as back home in Bonn, I assume. Prepare to listen to me play the piano during sacrament. Cause no one else will be there. Good for them in that case. 
ANYWAYS, this week was strange. I felt really busy actually, but when it got time to report numbers last night, I realized how little we had actually accomplished. Still, here are the highlights: We had two lessons with G_____ who is still on for baptism on the 28th! I`m not quite sure if I told you last time why we moved his date back yet another week, but here`s the reason. MOST LEGIT REASON EVER by the way. Wait for it! His niece is getting baptized on the 21st in Wetzikon. And he will be there. So he can`t be baptized himself at the same time. :) This also gives us more time to prepare him. We are going to teach him the fifth lesson and he`ll be good to go :)
We also went to the Temple on Saturday to help with a baptismal session for the youth in our branch. It was fun! Not sure if it was worth getting up at 4 a.m. for it but I guess we just gotta do what we gotta do to make it happen :) President and Sister Miles also had their farewell conference this week. It was great to hear their testimonies one more time. And I`m really excited to see what President Kohler is gonna do to this Mission when he gets here. :) Sister Miles also gave all of us Elders a hug. It felt...weird. haha oh well, I just presume that it will be the only one on my Mission so I guess I can live with it. "It`s better to break a rule than to break a heart." 

Finally, I would like to thank my dear friend Jessica for giving me our favorite cookie receipe to try them out on members! We did that this week and it was quite successful. Time-consuming, especially the delivery process, but totally worth it! :) The members we brought them to loved them. And so should you. Imagine the type of chocolate chip cookies that would exist in the celestial kingdom. That`s them. :)

Random AGSM Moment: This Sunday, there was no Church but instead there was a regional broadcast for all stakes between Switzerland and Albania, but mostly for Italy and France. It was done in Bern nearby the Temple and broadcasted live to a lot of chapels in the area. President Uchtdorf and Elder Anderson were there, as well as some others. It was pretty decent. They talked a lot about Missionary work and, interestingly, personal experiences they had in Switzerland. It just went along like this for perhaps an hour and a half until President Uchtdorf said something that totally blew us off our chairs. He was like: "Before this trip, I was sitting together with the other apostles, and in preparation to going to Switzerland, we found out that the country had actually never been dedicated for Missionary work. They assigned me to do it, so I dedicated Switzerland this morning." Over 160 years after Missionaries first came here, almost 60 years after the Temple was built here, we are now a country that has been dedicated for the preaching of the Gospel! Yay! :) 

Much love to you, and also thanks for all the birthday wishes! I`ll reply to them all tonight :) I hope your week is great :) 

Elder Friedmann   

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen