Recounting Elder Friedmann's Adventures in the Alpine German-Speaking Mission

Sonntag, 25. Mai 2014

19.05.2014

Grüezi wohl! 

The Mission is such an adventure these days! We got to go to many wonderful places and spaces :) My time is short to explain it all, but we had fun, taught some great lessons and found a few people along the way :) Interviews with President Miles were awesome :) He`s such a good man. He`s getting trunky because of his soon approaching going home, but he`s still great :) 
This week in brief: G______ was taught twice and he`s doing great! Still on for his first covenant on the 7th :) We contacted a referral in the sweetest small town FAR FAR away ever :) He was nice but not interested...but the trip there was wonderful nontheless :) The place is called Zweidlen and it`s in the Aargau canton (which by itself means it`s kinda far away from Dielsdorf). I dare you to google it. You won`t find much. 
Then, we also found some amazing people to teach! One family in particular who was taught by Missionaries a few times back in the ealry 2000s. As we went by their place, the family had just gotten home from grocery shopping and they unloaded their car. When they saw us, they were just so happy! They remembered the names of the Missionaries who taught them, like 12 years ago! It was awesome :) We scheduled an appointment. They are super busy but they also understand that families are best taught together, so we have an appointment scheduled for early June with the entire family :) 

Random AGSM Moment: In our tiny little branch, we have a monthly news booklet (I don`t want to call it newspaper) called the Leitstern. We decided to write an article for the June issue. And I was challenged to quote in it a hymn that is exclusive to the German hymnbook. No one really knows it or ever sings it, but it has become a favorite in our district (and I credit myself with this achievement). The hymn is called "So jemand spricht, ich liebe Gott". We also call it the "You`re going to hell" song. Because that`s the message of it. Pretty much all it says is that you`re going to hell if you`re not nice to everyone *for the right reasons*. No one I`ve talked to could ever explain how this song made it into the hymnbook, but I took the challenge and quoted it for the article. I wrote first about how it`s important that we welcome people at Church and that the members should be nice to everyone. And then I wrote that the lyrics of the hymn herebefore spoken of come to mind: "Such a one speaks that he loves God, but yet he hates his brethren. He mocks God`s truth and outrightly destroys it. A judgment of wrath will come upon those who are not merciful..." I think I did well! Elder Marshall also got me permission to read it in district meeting tomorrow. Hooray! I`m totally going to troll and brainwash everyone into thinking that this hymn is actually great and well-known! :) 

This is it for the week! Thanks also for all the personal e-mails I received! They mean a lot to me :) I love you all!! :)

Elder Friedmann 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen